Berrington Hall is a is a neoclassical country house building which was designed by Henry Holland in 1778-81 for Thomas Harley. It has a somewhat austere exterior, but the interiors are subtle and delicate. Berrington Hall is home to the Elmar Digby furniture collection, paintings by, amongst others, Thomas Luny (1759–1837) and the Charles Paget Wade costume collection from Snowshill which can be viewed by appointment. The 'below stairs' areas and servants' quarters which are open to the public include a Victorian laundry and Georgian dairy. Berrington has been in the care of the National Trust since 1957 and is, along with its gardens, open to the public.
Berrington features Capability Brown's last landscape design. A notable feature is the ha-ha wall which was subject of extensive renovation in the late 20th century by local craftsmen. Berrington Pool, a lake and island, is a Site of Special Scientific Interest.
HAMPTON COURT CASTLE
Hampton Court Castle is a castellated country house and a Grade I listed building. The castle dates from 1427. Sir Rowland Lenthall built the original house on an estate which had been granted to him some years previously on his marriage to the king's cousin Margaret Fitzalan, a daughter of the Earl of Arundel. Informally the grant occurred in the time of Henry (of) Bolingbroke, as King Henry IV was due to the Wars of the Roses which was a complex and intermittent civil war widely described as a cousins' monarchal feud before he gave it to Lenthall. Sir Rowland's house was a quadrangular courtyard house and has retained this basic form. In other ways the house has been significantly altered.
Stocktonbury Gardens is the perfect place for plant and garden lovers to spend a few hours. The four-acre garden is home to a medieval pigeon house, kitchen garden, water gardens and well-planted borders. There is also a café, plant sales area within the friendly and inspiring setting.
Croft Castle is a castle, church and garden. It is a National Trust property which is open to the public and is surrounded by 1,500 acres of woodland, farmland and parkland
A building has been on the site from the 11th century and it has from this time been the home of the Croft family and Croft baronets. The Croft family were closely linked to their neighbours the Mortimers of Wigmore and later Ludlow. The Battle of Mortimer's Cross took place on Croft lands nearby in 1461. The present building originated as a castle in the 14th century and has been much altered since.